Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read Because Someone Recommended Them!

(Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish)

I usually read books for one of three reasons - (1) I ordered it for the library, and it looks interesting. (2) We're reading it in a book club. (3) Someone recommended it! This is probably the most common reason, since I work at a library with a bunch of librarians who love to read! (Shameless plug - the library is a great place to find book recommendations!) Emily, the Gnoming Librarian, or Aubrey or Valerie (the list goes on) will come in saying, "I just finished such and such at 2am, and you have to read it!" So of course it goes on the never-ending TBR (to be read list). Here's a list of 10 ten books that I read because they were recommended to me!


1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Recommended by Emily (as are most of these) and boy was it fantastic! (Review coming soon!)


2. Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School series) by Gail Carriger
Also recommended by Emily and started a new obsession with steampunk/regency books. Carriger's are the best I've read, and I've read them ALL! 

 
3. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
Recommended by Emily. Everything by Sarah Dessen is wonderful. 


4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Recommended by Emily. I wanted a quick read, and I got one! I read this in one sitting. It will make you laugh, cry, and everything in between. All the feels. 


5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Probably the first book Emily recommended to me: "You will read this, and you will like it." Lucky for me, I love it. 



6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
If Raven Boys was the first recommendation from Emily, then this was second. I should really write a review of this series. You need to all read it, and meet the Darkling. 

 7. The Selection by Kiera Cass
Recommended by a coworker from when I worked at Starbucks. I borrowed her book, and read the other two online the same weekend! 


8. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Also recommended by Emily, Valerie, and Aubrey. I finished reading it about ten minutes before I met the author. Amazing!

9. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper
Recommended by all my Tween Council when I worked in the Children's Department in my previous job. They had almost all read it in school and insisted I read it. What a great read for everyone, no matter the age!  


10. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Recommended by Emily, Aubrey, and Valerie - such a good book! It's another book that brings about feels, pretty much every emotion possible! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Eleanor and Park! I loved this book,too! The feels!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share with friends!

Follow