Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: All About the Villains!


I have to say that I'm a pretty big fan of the villainous. They tend to be compelling characters with fascinating backstories and motives. Even if they seem like stock characters, flat and stereotypical, I find myself wondering what motivates them. Are they just misunderstood? What made them the way they are? What might have changed in their lives that could have made them a different person? Are people born wicked, or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?

Here are my 10 favorite villains from books, movies, and tv!

1. The Darkling (Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo)


2. Captain Hook (Once Upon a Time)


3. Billy Dent (I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga) 

4. The Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves) 


5. The Gray Man (The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater)


6. Valentine Morgenstern (The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare)

7. Darth Vader (Star Wars)

8. Severus Snape (Harry Potter)

9. Crowley (Supernatural)


10. Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) (Couldn't leave JD off the list!)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with friends!

Follow