Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I'd Buy Right Now if...

(Sponsored by the Broke and the Bookish)


I love books. You might have guessed that. I love to buy books, but unfortunately I also have to be an adult and pay bills :( So this list makes me both a little bit sad and very happy as I imagine all the things that could be.

 Without further ado (I think this might be one of my favorite phrases...) here is a list of Ten Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me a Fully Loaded Gift Card. (I say ten, and this will be a list of with ten numbers; however, there may be a few more than ten books...)

1. Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
The only book I don't have in the Finishing School series. Also, I would like to have the rest of her adult series The Parasol Protectorate, since I only own the first! 


2. Harry Potter 1, 3, & 4
I own them, but I need them in hardback! 


3. The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken
I kind of loved this series; therefore, I need it. 


4. The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo
(See above) 



I own The Raven Boys and The Raven King (signed!), but I need the two in the middle to finish my collection! 



 Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
I own The Unexpected Everything (also signed!) by this lovely author, and I have read all of her books. Now I just need to own them. 


7. Did I mention Harry Potter? 
I want to own all of the Harry Potter book sets, especially the UK versions. Beautiful! 


The only book in the Beautiful Creatures series I have yet to own...
I also need to read it and finish the series. 

9. All of the Shadowhunter books by Cassandra Clare
I own City of Heavenly Fire (the final book in the Mortal Instruments series), but I need to own the rest. Including Lady Midnight, which I haven't read yet, but again - it's on the list! 


10. Nora Roberts books
I've mentioned before that Nora Roberts is one of my guilty pleasure reads. Her writing reels you in and gets your blood pressure going, which is often what I look for when I read! (Get me into the book and out of reality!) Another guilty pleasure not mentioned here is V.C. Andrews...but that's because I own every book "she" wrote up to 2005. (She died in 1986, but a ghost writer writes under her name with a similar writing style now). I don't really feel the need to own the newest ones. :) 


So like I said, that was a few more than 10, but you gave me a fully loaded gift card to buy BOOKS! Would you expected anything different?  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with friends!

Follow