Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters You'd Love To Revisit As Adults

Today's Top Ten Tuesday was a little tricky. I couldn't really think of many characters from my childhood that I would like to see grown up. But I could think of some child/teen characters that I would like to see as adults! So here are ten characters that I want more from and wish there was a book about their adult lives. 


1. Soap and Sophronia (Finishing School series)
While reading Carriger's adult series, The Parasol Protectorate, I kept hoping for a glimpse into the lives of my favorite intelligencer and werewolf pair, but no such luck. 


2. Ruby and Liam (Darkest Minds- Review coming soon)
I loved this series so much that I read the whole thing in less than a week. But I needed more. It ended a little abruptly without saying what was going to happen next and what would happen to Ruby, Liam, and the other "infected" teens. I need to know how their lives end up. 


3. The American Girls
I really enjoyed the American Girl books as a kid (and I always wanted a doll...which I finally got for Christmas this past year!) I think it would be wonderful to see what happened to them and what their lives were like as adults. 


4. Sean and Puck (Scorpio Races)
Another abrupt ending. What happens to them? Do they leave the island? Do they stay together? Does Puck get to be with her family? Tell me! 


5. Percy Jackson
It was fun to see teen Percy in the Heroes of Olympus series, but I'd like to see him as a full grown demigod, kicking butt and saving the world. 


6. Gregor (Underland Chronicles)
I want to see grown up Gregor go back to the Underland as an adult and marry Luxa and become king. The prophecy basically demands it. 

7. Gemma Doyle 
Gemma's story ends pretty tragically. I don't want to give away the ending because everyone should read it, but I really want one more book about her adult life after she attends the university and hopefully is reunited with Kartik at last. 


8. Molly (Wait Til Helen Comes)
After they're home and safe and Helen is gone, what happens? How are they affected later on as adults from being haunted as children? Do they have PTSD? Do they become ghost hunters? Are they actually psychic? Did someone give them demon blood as children in hopes that they'll start the Apocalypse? (I think I've been watching too much Supernatural) 


9. Meggie (Inkheart)
Meggie stays in the Inkworld, but what happens to her there? Does she marry Doria? OR does she end up with Farid like she's supposed to? 


10. Blue and her Raven Boys (Raven Cycle)
I just finished The Raven King (for the second time since it came out last week), but I still want more. I want to know what happens to Blue, Gansey, Ronan, and Adam (and Noah?) as they grow and travel the world. Please give me more, Maggie. Please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with friends!

Follow