Saturday, March 5, 2016

Book Review: The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan


"I might be Cinderella today, but I dread who they'll think I am tomorrow. I guess it depends on what I do next."

American Rebecca Porter was never one for fairy tales. Her twin sister, Lacey, has always been the romantic who fantasized about glamour and royalty, fame and fortune. Yet it's Bex who seeks adventure at Oxford and finds herself living down the hall from Prince Nicholas, Great Britain's future king. And when Bex can't resist falling for Nick, the person behind the prince, it propels her into a world she did not expect to inhabit, under a spotlight she is not prepared to face.

Now, on the eve of the wedding of the century, Bex is faced with whether everything she's sacrificed for love-her career, her home, her family, maybe even herself-will have been for nothing. (Summary shortened from Goodreads.com) 


If you know me (or my mom) well at all, you'll know that we're pretty addicted to stories of the royal family - particularly Princess Diana and her offspring. Diana married Prince Charles when my mom was in high school, four years before she got married herself. Her wedding dress was based on Diana's - my mom's train was longer. So she's been a pretty prominent figure in my life and thus so are the princes, William and Harry.

You name the movie, we've watched it. You name the book, one of us probably owns it. You have a question about it, we've probably got an answer - though it might not be correct because it's all come through the press. And if their stories teach you anything, it's that you can't always trust what you hear from the press.

This book is not exactly the story of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, but it's very similar. There are a lot of fictionalized portions beyond the names themselves, but what you should really notice when you read it (because you should definitely read it) is how much more you understand the royal family.

And beyond that, the story is fantastic, especially some of the side characters. The story is hilarious, heartfelt, silly, sad - I'm telling you it will make you feel all of the feelings. That being said, go to your local library and pick it up! I loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with friends!

Follow